Friday, November 2, 2012

YUKKIE

It's Yukkie, pronounced "yuck-ee" like "eww, that's yucky".


1) Who are your top 5 12 fashion bloggers and why?

  • Song of Style - Queen of armswag and owner of my favorite shoe collection. Aimee's blog definitely inspires me to incorporate more color into my wardrobe and organize my closet - her last walk-in closet was sickk.
  • Gary Pepper Girl - I die. Her pictures are simply breathtaking, as is she. I love Nicole's signature red lips and her sophisticated style. My favorite look right now is of her in this green sequin number. I know. Amazing, right?
  • pinkhorrowshow - I'd say she's pretty badass. I love her style, fashion and interior decor.
  • cryskay - Crystal has this ability to make everything look good. So not fair. I love her effortless style, it's honest and never seems forced.
  • neonblush - I think Jenny has a really unique look. I love that she experiments with different shapes and layers. If I could raid any blogger's closet, it'd be hers. 
  • ComplacencyKills - I started following Lindsey recently, but fell in love quickly with her style. From her hair to her overall appeal, she's got this edge to her that exudes confidence which I find so appealing. I think that a woman's most beautiful when she's confident.
  • fashiontoast - I love Rumi's style. Her photos aren't too shabby either. They're always so playful, especially the ones featuring Bryan Boy. I love that she has fun with fashion and isn't apologetic.
  • 9to5Chic - The epitome of chic. I love Anh's polished style and choice of colors/prints. I'm a huge fan of all the clean lines and silhouettes. She always gets it right.
  • The Chriselle Factor - With an impressive resume, style, and beauty, Chriselle most definitely has the "It" factor. I think she's so inspiring as a business woman with the mini empire she's built so far. 
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere - From recipes to DIY ideas to fashion tips, this blog inspires just that.
  • Studded Hearts - Yenny's blog is great for inspiration. It's always updated with new editorials featuring different styles. I love the variety and huge images, so easy on the eyes.
  • JAK & JIL - To me this is hands down the best blog for street fashion, especially during Fashion Week. Tommy Ton takes amazing pictures. I'm also a huge fan of The Sartorialist and STREETFSN.

2) What's your favorite item in your closet right now and why?

My favorite item right now has got to be my new Oxley Pumps by L.A.M.B. They go with everything and are super comfortable despite their height.

3) What can't you live without?

A hair tie and v-neck white tee. You will almost never see me with my hair down the entire day. It'll either be braided to the side or in a ponytail. I love my long hair, but it's nice to have it out of my face at times. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a t-shirt, jeans, and flats kind of girl. It's my go-to staple piece and it's just so easy to transition from day to night.

4) What are your 5 favorite alice & pink pieces and why/how would you wear it?

  • Abbie Printed Trousers: My closet consists of mostly black, grey, and white so these pants would really help add some color. They're super comfortable and I love that they have pockets. I'd wear this with my oversized grey sweater off the shoulder, strappy black heels, and bold earrings like our Cleo Leopard Earrings.
  • Margaret Faux Fur: I never used to be a fan of fur, faux or real, until I tried on this vest. It's super soft and doesn't feel cheap like some faux furs and I really like the color. It goes with everything. I'd wear this with a long sleeve fitted above knee sweater dress, black suede booties, and top it off with some armswag like our Crystal Spiked Bracelet.
  • Gwen Moto Jacket - This piece is a staple and goes with everything. It's so versatile and looks good with everything whether it be over a maxi dress or t-shirt and skinny jeans.
  • Cat Mesh Panel Dress - I love a fun dress for those girls-nights-out and this dress is just that. I love the pop of color and the mesh panel details. I'd wear it with either black booties or strappy heels with minimal jewelry since the color is already loud and my hair waved to the side.
  • Blair Mixed Media Jacket: I love the drape of the front on this jacket. I'd wear this with a loose fitting white racerback tank and skinny jeans with my Oxley heels. If the weather was warmer, I'd wear it with my black cutoff shorts and wedged sneakers instead of the skinny jeans and heels.

5) What's in your purse right now?

Hmm, let's see ... in my bag is: a travel size Vaseline jar (I have dry skin so this comes in use whenever I get random dry patches), my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner (I don't wear makeup daily, but whenever I do this is usually all I wear along with some lip balm), iPad, my keys, old receipts, change, pen, phone, cards & ID, gum, and travel size lotion. Pretty boring, right? I like to travel light so I usually only carry around what I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment